1 1/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 pcs large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp salt1 cup sour cream
filling and icing
3 cups whipping cream
1 can blueberries
1 can peaches
almond slices for decor
1. preheat oven 350 F.Grease and line 3 nine inch round layer pans. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
tip: never put in high speed and cream for about 7 to 10 mins. The longer the creaming the finer the texture.
3. Meanwhile, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the creamed butter mixture alternately with sour cream and blend well.
tip: start with dry and end with sour cream
4. Pour into prepared pans ( 3 pans) and bake for 25 to 30 mins or until done. Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes. Invert into a cake rack and cool completely.
5.In another bowl, whip the whipping cream until fluffy. Chill until needed.
6. To assemble, place a cake layer on a platter.
Spread some whipped cream on the cake. Top with sliced peaches and blueberries. Repeat procedure until all cake layers are used up.
Garnish with more whipped cream and toasted almonds.
7. Chill for at least 4 hours. Serve cold.
what do you think?
its so easy.........