How to pick the sweet ripe mangoes?
Look for mangoes with smooth, unblemished skin, without bruises. Bruised areas and those with excessive freckling will promote spoiling. If the skin of the mango is wrinkling it it past beyond its peak flavor. Avoid those that have a dull look or a light yellow color.
Smell the mangoes once you've selected a few nice looking. Those with a too heavily sweet smell are close to being too ripe, and will probably be starting to turn brown inside. Those without even a hint of smell to them are not a good choice, even for storing, as if it were picked too soon, it may never ripen correctly. If you are trying to choose mangoes that will last until your next shopping trip, choose those with a light scent around the stem area.
I am sharing to you a mango cake recipe.... everything is from scratch.... a must try recipe!
sweet mango crunch cake
2 1/2 cup cake flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup mango juice
5 pcs egg yolks
1 cup egg whites
1/2 cup white sugar
1. preheat oven to 325 deg F.
2. Sift cake flour, bakign powder and salt. Add sugar and put them in the bowl and make a well at the center. Add oil, egg yolks and mango juice. Stir with wooden spoon.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggwhites, 3/4 cup sugar and cream of tartar. Beat until stiff but not dry.
4. Fold egg yolk mixture into egg white. Blend well. Pour the mixture into a 10"round pan lined with baking paper. Bake for 45 mins or until done.
11/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 tbsp baking soda
1. In a deep heavy sauce pan, clip candy thermometer on the side. Bring the granulated white sugar, water and syrup to boil over high heat stirring to dissolve sugar. Cook to 260F. Remove from heat and immediately add the baking soda. Stir vigorously until the topping thickens and pulls away from the sides of the pan. Pour quickly into Glass bake lined pan. Do not stir or spread. Let it cool completely without moving. Knock out of the pan onto a cookie sheet lined with Glad Bake paper. Top with second sheet and crush into coarse crumbs with a rolling pin. Cover and set aside.
2 cups pour N whip
3 pcs mangoes large and thinly slice
assemble the cake....
|whipping cream on top garnish with crunch and mangoes|