Tuesday, December 13, 2011

food for the gods

It's now my sixth year that my ex-bf now my hubby gives me annual assignment to look for a christmas presents for his co-workers/officemates/friends and even to his family and of course except mine. For 2011, since I am a new MRS. I will make it something  extra special so I decided to bake some goodies for his twelve office based colleagues.

This recipe for me is on "hit" on christmas holidays for the reasons that its easy to prepare, the ingredients are readily available, its so sweet, chewy and of course yummy!

I'm sharing to you my recipe of my yummy goodies!...

Ingredients:

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 cup dates and walnuts
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 baking powder and baking soda
1/4 tsp salt


1. preheat oven to 350 deg F.
2. Grease and flour 8x 12" pan and set aside.
3. Melt butter in saucepan on medium heat. Add the white and brown sugars, and mix until well combined. Remove from heat.
4. Add the eggs one at a time. Stir using a wire whisk. Make sure egg is mixed in completely before adding the next.
5. Add the dates and walnuts.
6. In separate bowl, combine the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well to combine then add to the dates, nuts mixture. Mix just until incorporated. Do not over beat.
7. Pour butter into an 8x12" pan and spread evenly. Bake in oven at 350 deg F for 35 to 45 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean but not dry.
8. Cool completely before slicing.

my yummy, yummy ,chewy , chewy

food for the gods. I really dont know why its called so but will try to find the story of it.


i sealed the goodies in a foiled pack        ( to a christmas color red and green).


sorry for blurred photo ☻☺☻



and now..... my hubby's christmas goodies!

my hubby likes it and i hope all who will be receiving these goodies would definitely love it... because I do.








 


6 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs. Food! Thanks for visiting the Café. You have a very lovely blog and this treat sounds so delicious! Almost like a sticky toffee pudding but in bar form, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there!... yes it is... thanks for dropping by too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks yummy!
    Your husband is so lucky! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! Would love to include it in my event. If possible, please go through the rules of my event Jingle All The Way and link your post there.
    Thanks!
    -
    Kavi
    (Edible Entertainment)

    ReplyDelete